Announcement

Working on the Forum

#1 2021-10-13 09:29:55

Darkijah
Admin
Website
Windows 7Opera 79.0

FluxBB <-> FluxBBVisman

Well, I went from wanting to use FluxBB around 2 years ago, the problem was, that i was not mobile ready and I did not have the ability to do it. FluxBB was my first choice of Forum - what I thought would take a couple of days, maybe some weeks, ended up taking years.
And here I am again, and now there is at least some better options for Mobile for FluxBB, so lets just move forward on this. I can't wait forever to look around.

I wanted something that was still somewhat old school in style, yet working on mobile - but that apparently was not that easy to find. ElkArta is one, phpBB is another, but overall the simplicity of FluxBB... Well I have further tried this and that and what not, but now that Visman is still at it and continued improving his version, well, hopefully the project can then be kept alive and move on! Time will tell.

In any case, I will need to look into the Mobile themes and see if I can adjust the colors to a theme that fits my page, and of cause share it if it succeeds. Thereby I need to get my menu into it, somehow without making to many issues. But overall my web page is kinda a mess to say the least.

But yea, lets move forward, Lets settle on this forum and rest assure there exist no other tongue I just don't wanna waste more time on testing other things. A forum is a huge undertaking, and so many factors on this and that. Terrible, just terrible.

I have one issue at the moment with uploading files - hopefully I can get some help to sort it out - beside that, most seem to function pretty good. Although it would be nice to be able to upload pictures - that could be pretty neat.

Dearly regards - Brother, Disciple and Child of Jehovah - Darkijah
May Jehovah bless you, Jayshua, be by you a most precious pearl, and their Spirit of Truth in us All, Amayn!

#2 2021-10-15 04:59:29

Darkijah
Admin
Website
Windows 7Opera 79.0

Re: FluxBB <-> FluxBBVisman

Hmm so I found the issue, well, not exactly but I found a way to fix it temporarily with to turn off the .htaccess in the jesusgod-pope666.info/forum/img/members - or the image plugin fails on Gigahost. I tried installing FluxBBVisman on Simply.com and did not have the issue. So it must be a server setting, at least it could not be the database as I am using databases on Gigahost so it seems to be a server issue, php setting maybe? Dunno...
So... that is as far as I have gotten with that.

Added later 59 s:
Apparently it did not wanna merge my post, maybe it was to old - I wanted to see what it would do and clearly it did not wanna merge them like this one should do.

Dearly regards - Brother, Disciple and Child of Jehovah - Darkijah
May Jehovah bless you, Jayshua, be by you a most precious pearl, and their Spirit of Truth in us All, Amayn!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 3
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer